San Francisco West. Where the City Meets the Ocean
Founded on October 26, 1984, we are a small but diverse group of like-minded and service-focused community leaders from various backgrounds making a difference and taking action in our community, in the world, and in ourselves. Our motto is “Serving Families and Children to Inspire Peace”. Our domain is the scenic Western part of San Francisco. We meet every second Thursday morning from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM at Crepes on Cole, located at 100 Carl Street which is at the corner of Cole and Carl Street. It is in a very convenient location in the heart of Cole Valley. We have received numerous club accolades including the coveted: ”best small club” title in the world. We have recently been involved with a water decontamination project in Bangladesh with Chemists Without Borders and the local Rotary Club in Chittagong, Bangladesh concentrating on the removal of Arsenic from the drinking water. Please send us a message if you have any questions or if you feel you are interested in becoming a prospective member.
The mission of the Rotary Club of San Francisco West is to serve and inspire our local community and international partners by creating service opportunities for ourselves and others as expressed in the Rotary Four-Way Test.
In the things we think, say, or do
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
“Serving Families and Children to Inspire Peace”
President’s Welcome Message:
Are you looking for a way to make a difference in people’s lives yet don’t know where to start?
Are you looking for a group of like-hearted people who are active in serving the community of San Francisco?
You’re in the Right Place!
Rotary Club of San Francisco West is taking action:
- Collected 119 New Teddy Bears for the Foster Children of San Francisco Children are given bears when they are taken from a home. In this scary situation Teddy Bears give comfort, emotional support letting the child know someone cares.
- Supported SF Small Business GrowingUp Art and Craft Store in West Portal. We brought community together by shopping locally. GrowingUP customers purchased Teddy Bears along with 4 Rotary Clubs.
- Delivered 200 SF Students in Shelters Received School Supplies. We partnered with Urban Angels SF to provide and deliver backpacks full of school supplies. This July we are going for 500 filled backpacks. Urban Angels SF https://www.urbanangelssf.org
We are EXPANDING our Impact and Reach in San Francisco July 2021-June2022.
New Ways of Serving:
- Animal Welfare: This past year it became clear how invaluable our pets are to our families and us. Our members will be deciding how we best serve the animals of San Francisco. Join us in being a voice for those who cannot speak. Contact us so that we can have a conversation.
- The Environment: Plastics….Plants…..Trees…..Picking up Trash…. We will be deciding what is meaningful to our club. If this speaks to your heart, let’s have a conversation. Contact us so that you can Serve to Change Lives.
Building on Our Successes:
Make breakfast for kids at Edgewood Center for Children and Families
Thanksgiving Turkey Dinners are delivered to the homes of low-income families so that they have a warm celebratory meal to share.
Holiday Toys for Foster Children of San Francisco. It takes a village to create holiday cheer for 600 adults and children. It feels good to help others feel good.
Contact us so that we can have a conversation about our club and all things Rotary.
I’m looking forward to an exciting and fulfilling year as President of SF West. I’ll bring my 30 years of experience in Holistic Health. Let’s make this Rotary year a year filled with service, friendship, and spreading goodwill to all.
Let’s make this Rotary year a year filled with service, friendship, and spreading goodwill to all!
My Rotary Story
A few years after my husband passed away I was looking for a community of like-hearted people to have fun with, learn about ideas and do good in the world. Rotary checked all the boxes for me. The bonus is I could also promote my business while being a beacon for holistic health.
I joined in 2017, I was all-in. I went to the district events, club community service projects and soon I was part of the planning for community services, which as a registered nurse is right up my alley.
I’m part of changing the lives of 1,550 students and faculty in our Teriail High School Bangladesh WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Project Team. I’m bringing my nursing wisdom to the table making sure the cleaning products for the new toilets are non-toxic and the hygiene program is thorough, effective, and fun for the students.
“Serve to Change Lives” is the motto of Rotary International this year. … and so we will.
Rotary Club of San Francisco West, President
Meet the Board Members:
We are a very diverse group of community leaders from various backgrounds. We unite to make a difference within our communities, across the globe, in our place of work, and in ourselves. We are passionate about giving back to the community and at the same time also have fun doing it. What we value are Service, Integrity, Leadership, Fellowship, and Diversity.
Crepes on Cole
100 Carl Street (Corner of Cole), SF CA 94117